[OSList] (was) Open Space in schools - now: OST boundaries? constraints?

Chris Weaver chrisgweaver13 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 07:00:15 PDT 2013

What a nice thread!

I am happy for you Jamie, and as a school-dwelling creature I will send you
my good thoughts on the 15th, with the great value of your work in mind.

Re:  Daniel's question about "self-evident or not?"  My musings:

   - Aren't Thomas Jefferson's words interesting from a perspective of the
   practice of holding space?  *(We hold these truths to be self-evident...)
   *
   - I'm thinking that in this world of form (a state of perceived
   separation), I always do things *in relationship.  *Facilitating OST is
   a case in point.  I am in relationship with the sponsor and the group,
   including its culture.  So the specific words I use in the opening appear
   out of the relationship.  I never do it the same twice.
   - One way to think of culture is that it consists of shared patterns of
   paying attention.
   - I agree with Harrison that inviting people to pay attention to
   something beautifully self-evident is a nice thing to do.
   - I think Thomas Jefferson wrote a very nice thing.

Chris