[OSList] Ayuda para OST. Open Space help please

Allison & Jim Baensch mbody at iinet.net.au
Thu May 30 06:43:43 PDT 2013

Hi Patricio,

I grounded my PhD research on Open Space Technology and 2 other similarly-based (in my opinion) modalities in other disciplines.
They were: Ortho-Bionomy (the 'body') and Process Oriented Psychology (the 'mind') plus Open Space Technology (the 'group').

It was important to me to write in a way that did not try to tie these modalities down or make them more concrete than necessary.
For my PhD thesis, I was mainly considering the philosophy behind these 3 ways of 'working'.

From what you have said so far, I think my way seems to be a different approach from the one you are planning.
However, it might be of interest to you to read my thesis.
It is rather long, and the dvd that should accompany the thesis is not available on line, to my knowledge.
The thesis has not yet been published (I am still struggling with finding a publisher for my MSc thesis, which deals with a similar topic).
So I can only offer the thesis to you via the internet at the following web address:
http://arrow.uws.edu.au:8080/vital/access/manager/Repository/uws:8220?query=baensch&y=0&x=0
Let me know if you have trouble downloading the chapters.

You asked for references...
One of the most influential writers for my research was Jean Gebser, who wrote "The Ever-present Origin" in 1949.
His book was translated into English in 1991, but should be available in other languages as well.
The book was about the evolvement of consciousness structures from the beginning of human history .
That frame of reference informed me about the developing awareness of the underlyingself-organising 'spirit' of humanity.
It demonstrated how we are moving to accommodate more than a rational/scientific view of life.
Gebser writes in a rather dense way, yet I found his words approachable, nourishing and quite sweet and comforting, somehow.

If I can be of any help with your research, please let me know.

Best wishes with your studies,
Allison
(half an hour from Friday in mildly rainy Victoria, Ausralia.)