[OSList] Ayuda para OST. Open Space help please

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Wed May 29 19:11:53 PDT 2013

I have a small advise.

When you do an open space, be sure to do the invitation like Owens
literature suggest, or otherwise you will not have the open space
technology for your study. Personally I am hung up on the five
preconditions of the reality, complexity, divers viewpoints, hot
opinions and urgency of the business issue that you include in your
invitation letter. now days I always ask my clients to convince me on
these preconditions in the contracting talks. I also like to map out
that the client's team has the full authority (formal and informal)
within the system to open this issue. My findings have been that lack
of these conditions make any technology fail to reach our desired
goal, but it will always have some effect. I always suggest the
alternative if we do not have the preconditions, that is to have a
boring and sleep giving power point show as this will have little
effect other then back pain of the audience as they sleep in strange
positions, (as save as it can be, he he). But I would not like my name
to be part of such events for I don't like pack pain.

When I was a kid I always liked to lay in the grass or under the
tables (best to combine both) if I need to sleep in a large gathering.
Thinking abut it now, I would probably still like to rest in these
places, listening in on the conversations as I face out into the dream
word.

With love from Iceland
Kári