[OSList] The OSLIST Biannual Restricted Form Poetry Contest - Summer 2013

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed May 8 12:42:30 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues -

Doug's recent poem inspires me to say...

I now re-open the OSLIST Restricted Form Poetry Contest !
Restricted Form means some described form or boundary for the poem.

Whoever feels so inspired - I invite you to create some original
poetry with two guidelines:
about Open Space
  -and-
(in honor of Keith's recent post and our responses)
describing success and productivity in Open Space.

Send your poetry directly to me at lisaheft at openingspace.net
before midnight (in whatever time zone you live) on Friday, May 24.

I will collect them and then show them back to you, dear readers - so
you may indicate your favorites - even though this is not a game of
favorites. It is a gift of riches.
It will, however, tell us who our new Poet Laureate of the OSLIST will
be - someone who will hold the space for poetry by sharing and / or
inviting poetry on our list for the next six months.

All of you OSLIST members, including past Poet Laureates, are invited
to participate.
If you write your poem in your own language which may not be English,
please do add a translation in English.

I welcome all your thoughtful words,

Lisa

Lisa Heft,
Past OSLIST Poet Laureate
- with a deep bow to my fellow Poet Laureates
Ralph Copleman , Chris Corrigan, Chris Weaver, Florian Fischer, Laurel
Doersam, Audrey Coward, Joelle Everett, Jeff Aitken, Teresa Pokasony,
Karen Sella, Anne Hiha, Esther Ewing, and Agneta Setterwall

_____

A little history, from Chris Corrigan:

“For all those who might be curious, the OSLIST Biannual Restricted
Form Poetry Contest started in the spring of 2000 when I issued the
challenge to the list.  Ralph Copleman actually began the whole thing
with a contest in the fall of 1999 (which I won) and so he is the
“Poetry King” for all time.  I just claimed the “Poet Laureate” title
in an effort to have some fun.  It was something of a one martini
idea, and I was out of gin at the time...”

_____

And last - to inspire you - is the winning piece from our last Poet
Laureate, Agneta Setterwall....

An open space?
I hesitate

A call somewhere?