[OSList] What are your thoughts on venue size selection?

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Mon Mar 18 15:18:53 PDT 2013

Dear Oslist

A client is asking about how many people he can have in Open Space for
a given venue.

The space is divided in 3 rooms, on of them is upstairs. There
dimensions and spaces are as follows:

Big room: 7,8m x 12,8m (100 m2)
Small side room: 5,0m x 8,8m (44 m2)
Long room upstairs: 3,4m x 12,8m (43 m2)

Total work area: 187 m2

Here are my gestimations:
If I where only to use the large room, then I would only invite 40-50 people
If I where to exclude the room upstairs then I could invite 60-70 people
But if I would include the room upstairs, then I could perhaps invite
up to 90 people

What are your thoughts on venue selection?

--
Kári Gunnarsson
kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
gsm: +354 8645189