[OSList] And now, our new OSLIST Poet Laureate.... !

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Jun 23 18:03:57 PDT 2013

Thank you for your very kind and warm words, Susanna and Anne -

As you well know, I do have a passion for diversity, access and
inclusion. And as you also know, I believe in how amazing people are -
even people whom I have not yet met.

So for the Poet Laureate tradition, I love helping people - in both
visible and invisible ways - remember and discover how amazing they
are. And I love holding space for poetry. As it is in the space
between the lines of poetry and other arts that we readers and
experiencers of the arts explore and understand and stretch in our own
individual ways. That we name the complex and un-nameable - in both
words and in unspoken ways that our bodies understand, even if at
times our brains do not. Incredible stuff indeed. So yes, over the
years I do so enjoy supporting this nutritious stuff - and these
lovely traditions - in our community.

Susanna, you know how I love this richness of community.
And every community that is formed in every WOSonOS and OSonOS, every
workshop, and every conversation.

A deep Access Queen / Poet Queen bow to each of you.
My tiara keeps falling off because I have very little hair, as some of
you know.
But I just put it back on (the tiara I mean - the hair, as is is,
stays on) - because: I love accessorizing...
And who doesn't love a little sparkle?

Warmly,
Lisa