[OSList] Q re: "Preparing" for Passionate Discussions....

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Sat Jun 22 00:24:43 PDT 2013

Dear Meta and Gary,

I have had clients who set up complete online forums to have preliminary
discussions, share ideas, stories and videos etc. No problem. As you say,
whenever it starts... And when it is over... because after the event, the
forums can serve as a platform for ongoing discussion and action planning.
The number of people taking part were relatively low compared to the OS
event, but interestingly there were some passionate forum participants who
did not attend the meeting itself.

I have never discouraged preparation of topics ahead of time, but I have
always been very firm that all topics, prepared and unprepared, go on the
marketplace when the event starts. People can prepare all they want, but the
agenda wall starts empty and everyone is free to choose where they want to
go.

Koos