[OSList] OST being used for community activism within the women's movement?

Anisha Susanna anishasusanna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 11:08:41 PDT 2013

Dear community,

I received the message below earlier today from a friend, Michel, in South
Africa whose asking for examples of OST being used within the women's
movement for community activism around Violence against Women (VAW) or
Gender-based Violence (GBV).

I know of nothing so specific, but I thought that if anyone knew, it would
be someone on this list...and I would love to know myself.

Looking forward to your responses!

Warm salaams,

Susanna

Susanna George
Consultant
Strengthening Team Processes Through Critical Conversations

API Fellow 2011-12
http://tinyurl.com/APIFellow2011-12

Mobile: +60 12 3723234

Dear Susanna

How are you? It's been quite some time since we spoke, despite my good
intentions!!!

I'm playing with the idea of introducing a mix of world cafe and open space
to see if we can initiate an innovative response to VAW in South Africa.
I'd like to start by working with some of the partners we've already got
relationships with - and I need to get people to 'buy into' what so far
seems like a totally crazy idea to them.

So, I'm writing to ask if you know of any examples from within the women's
movement where open space was used to initiate 'community activism' around
VAW or GBV - in any  kind of innovative way??? Are any of these stories
written up or available anywhere???

I look forward to reading more of what you have written in the last year!!!

Warmly,

Michel