[OSList] OS planning meetings

Michael Wood michael.wood at uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 4 18:41:14 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts on planning meetings. I have a question in relation to the following mind mapping exercise:

"What is  happening the day after the event? Which perspectives do I see now?
What has changed?"

Could you please say some more about your reason for this step and how it supports the development of an Open Space convening theme?  On first reading it seems to me that it could be pre-empting the results of the Open Space and risks the sponsor getting attached to a particular outcome. You even seem to suggest that the invitation list is devised in order to contribute to the 'day after' aspirations (rather than inviting people because they are interested in the convening theme). So perhaps there is something that I'm not understanding about your underlying rationale for doing this particular mind mapping exercise in the planning meeting.

Thanks,
Michael Wood
Perth, Western Australia