[OSList] 1,000 participants in 4 hours

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:00:29 PDT 2013

Dear Kari,
if an invitation is sent to all that the Planning Group (sponsor
included) want to be at the event under the approach/question "who
should be at the event so that the stuff we expect from the event under
the Heading we came up with for the event will happen?" those receiving
the invitation respond to the invitation the way one would usually
respond: accept or decline (selfselection).
Huge advantage of this selfselection is that the people picking up their
spirit and body to come are the right people.
People that come because they ought to, feel they have to, are forced to
etc. are also selfselecting themselves.
And all that show up hear my words about "The Law" and my invitation to
"obey" it (at least twice in the event)... listening to their feedback I
find that most folks find it liberating when they follow The Law, and
stay and participate (passionately).
Now, this is not really an answer to your question on the selection of
the 1000 people.
The event that HO refers to occasionally (the event with 2108
participants) took place at the end of a five day conference with 3500
folks in attendance. In the invitation to the conference people wanting
to attend the OST part had to sign up for it seperately (this determined
how many cushions we bought and how much food was supplied and how many
toilets had to be set up etc.) and pay an additonal fee.
In this way, following the invitation meant putting down some extra
money, filling out a form with their contact data for the documentation
all in addition to the decision that they wanted to be part of it. These
kinds of commitments are perhaps trivial but many sponsors are trying to
avoid to attach those commitments to the invitation to make it "easier"
for people to come... also a form of control.

Like the breeze from Iceland which actually arrived during the night and
brought a refreshingly cool morning
Greetings from Berlin
mmp