[OSList] Fw: THE INVITATION Celebrate the Life of Cheryl Lee Honey this Saturday - please help spread the word

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 15:32:42 PDT 2013

 Friends, fyi.

******
"When I realized that the dissolution of community comes from the monetization of functions that were once part of the gift network, I could at first see no other way to recover community that to abandon the money economy and, by extension, the economic and industrial system of mass production. i see no other way to re-establish community than to resume doing things "the hard way" again: doing things without machines. If community dies when strangers make all the things we need, then to restore it, I thought, we must return to local, and necessarily lower-tech, production- production not requiring a global division of labor.

 Charles Eisenstein, Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition