[OSList] OS hotline - notes and invite for tomorrow! Tuesday, July 2 12pm EDT

Tricia Chirumbole tricia at investorswithoutborders.net
Mon Jul 1 16:07:33 PDT 2013

Hello all!

Following is a partial description of our discussion on the OS skype
hotline last Tuesday! Some good resources included!

We are opening up the lines again tomorrow for any "hot" topics in the
world of OS and OS-related items - friends welcome!

*Time:* Tuesday, July 2nd at 12:00pm-1:00pm EDT via skype.

*RSVP *with 1) your interest and 2) your skype handle (if I don't already
have it).

I look forward to connecting :)

*OS hotline Skype #1: Tuesday, June 25th 12-1pm EST*

* *

*Participants:*

Skye Hirst

Harold Shintado

Jonathon Coe

Paul Levy

Tricia Chirumbole

*Disclaimer: *These notes cannot claim to be comprehensive, in order, or
fully accurate J Please comment or edit as appropriate!

·         *Discussion of SCRUM* – SCRUM/Agile community has embraced Open
Space and espouses similar principles; *Kanban *“lean” scheduling system
referenced.

·         Resources:

o   Tobias Meyer published book: *The People’s Scrum*

o   Scrum Beyond Software – OS event held at Gangplank (Collaboration and
Community space: http://gangplankhq.com/) in Arizona. Facilitated by
Suzanne Daigle and attended by Harold Shintado.

o   *Personal Kanban* – book, website, etc: Jim Bensen

o   Trello.com (Kanban-based tool)

·         *Discussion of Energetic processes: *We are energetic beings.
Does/how does this translate when we interact virtually? Referenced
biophysics work in Europe applied to medical professions. Integrates
awareness of energetics and “wholeness” as necessary components of the
medical paradigm.

·         Resources:

o   Mae Wan Ho Institute for Science for Society: *“Conventional medicine
is dying ultimately because it is based on an obsolete dominant mechanistic
model that does not recognize the coherence of the organism. Dr. Mae-Wan Ho
explores how a science of the organism could underpin a new organic
medicine that would best serve the nation. Visit www.i-sis.org.uk  to learn
more.”*

o   *Centering In Pottery Poetry and The Person**, by M.C. Richards* –
nature keeps putting us back together. **

o   Book addressing the preponderance of virtual communications: *Alone
Together*, by Sherry Turkle.**

o   The *Global Consciousness Project: *http://noosphere.princeton.edu/ -
Research effort to support that “Large scale group consciousness has
effects in the physical world.”**

§  Referenced in relation to the discussion of the energetic component of
interacting remotely via “machines”.**

* *

·         *Discussion of holding an OS event in a “less than ideal” setting*
**

o   Host for an OS-based gathering of 500 medical students is offering a
stadium seating space with fixed seating – traditional circle will not be
possible.**

o   Variety of thoughts/advice (paraphrased due to memory loss and
neglectful of some good metaphors!):**

§  The nature of the physical space is not the only determinant of whether
a space can be opened – intention and invitation play a strong role. **

§  Circles often will happen irrespective of a physical circle for
opening/closing. People will turn around; groups will form around a
perimeter, etc. **

§  *On the other hand, *if a host *really* wants to do an OS event, and the
role/value of the space and the circle are explained, then they will find a
way to make it happen. **

§  If a host is not willing to accommodate the space conditions, then they
may not be willing or open to release their control of other elements,
which could close the space to some degree. **

§  Creative spaces could be considered that may not otherwise be used for
similar meetings, but which are totally appropriate for an OS event, such
as gymnasiums. **

o   Jonathon Coe shares his blog: http://keepinggreendalegreen.tumblr.com/**

--
Tricia Chirumbole