[OSList] a fresh look at the meeting "agenda"

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Thu Feb 21 16:17:21 PST 2013

I do not think Ill try to repeat the downer of interrupting and
reopening the bulletin board in the middle of the day unless I am
trying the wonderful John Engles Open Space with a living market
place.

My only personal participation in a two day open space (where I was
not the consultant) has been the Wosonos 2010 in Berlin. There we had
the two day agenda open for the first opening of the market place. Now
I wonder about your experience on keeping the second day agenda out of
reach and out of view for the participants until the opening of the
second day, so that only discussion that are posted on the second day
can happen on that day. here I have some notion on the power of
sleeping on the topics that get posted the second day and to keep the
space of the second open and free from clutter from the first day
until the second day arrives. I was told at one time that if the
number of spaces per time was unlimited, then all discussion could be
posted in the time available. We could then have all the discussion
that are posted on the first day in that day and keep the second day
open until it arrives so we can be more present for it without
attachment that were created the day before. I would be anxious that
no one would post anything on the second day if it was without any
discussions from day one by this design.

--
Kári Gunnarsson
kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
gsm: +354 8645189