[OSList] Sorry lucy - I had to unsubscribe you

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Wed Feb 13 13:38:40 PST 2013

adding to koos' tip...

for gmail users, if you get multiple messages from the same sender, gmail
will automatically send only one autoreply to that address every four days.
 additionally, gmail offers an optional checkbox when you set up the
autoreply, so that your message only goes to addresses in your "MyContacts"
list.  in my account, the oslist address is not listed in my contacts, but
rather in 'other contacts.'

another option, if you must use an autoreply and can't sort these various
details for excluding the oslist, is to set up a list-only address with
gmail or another free service.  you can have your oslist mail forwarded to
your main address by your new list-only email account.  if you leave your
main address subscribed to the oslist, but on 'no mail' then you'll still
be able to send messages/replies from your main address (instead of being
rejected as a non-listmember).

AND... the easiest option is to teach all your friends and colleagues and
clients that whenever you reply to their message will be the right time...
and just forget about using autoreply altogether!

michael

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates