[OSList] Drawings as documentation on OSONOS Reykjavík 2013

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Thu Feb 21 16:57:32 PST 2013

Dear Open Space People

I am now part of a group preparing to host a short osonos in Reykjavík,

After some thoughts on documentation and short open spaces we have
been inspired to try a novel approach. In the opening we will
encourage the participants to draw there contributions and there
experiences of the discussions. Some may even draw some mind-maps and
wordy drawings. By marking the drawings with name and discussion
groups it will be easy to scan the drawings for the documentations. We
hope to brake up the pattern of the group secretary position and let
each participants be responsible for there own contribution and at the
same time to challenge people to use more of them selves in the
process by opening, empowering and validating the image as a valid and
treasured report medium. I can even vision a osonos documentation with
only drawings along with the discussion titles.

I wonder, what are the experiences of decentralized group
documentation and the use of drawings as primary medium for short open
spaces?

The Reykjavík OSONOS will be on the 5th of April 13:00-16:00, if
anyone is there at the time, please join, you are welcome. I can
almost guaranty that someone in the space would be likely to translate
some discussion to English or some other language that you understand.
We now have a small group of Open Space people here in Iceland that
are sponsoring the event so there will be no registration fees or
participation fees. the space will be held at Túngata 14, 101
Reykjavík (Map: http://y.ahoo.it/ETALb2CY). Please send your
registrations to kari at openspace.is if you plan to come.