[OSList] An offering! (Nasty Banks!)- spaces your are willing to open for yourself

Gijs Mega gijs at megainternational.com.hk
Fri Feb 1 20:09:48 PST 2013

Hi Chris,

The first time I saw you was in the circle in San Francisco 2008. Your kids took part as well and "lived" the law of 2 feet, and shifted from butterflying to bumble being. Observing this was great : open space life.

Your comments on the list are often a real contribution. So was your last one:
 "
This is key for those of us who are Open Space facilitators.  Please never try to Open Space for other people bigger than the space you are willing to open for yourself.
"
In the context of our society your point is clear.
When you generalize it for facilitators, I read it as an advice for being authentic and sincere to the principals, the topic, the invitation and the sponsors intention.
However, I hope to challenge people to elaborate more in detail about no-go-area's for ourselves as a facilitator or as a parent.

Gijs van Wezel
Shanghai

Send from iPad