[OSList] Membership invitation from the Open Space Institute-USA

Open Space Institute U.S. official at osius.org
Mon Dec 16 13:47:44 PST 2013

For those who want to see a version of this letter on our official
stationary - go
here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0xq0057iksdf9x/Invitation%20to%20join%20OSI%20US.pdf.
The exact text of our letter is below:

An invitation to donate and become a member of the Open Space Institute-USA

Dear Open Space Friends and Colleagues,

We live in incredible times!

All the conditions of use for Open Space Technology are there in the
World right now in so many sectors and situations:

  * Real issues of concern
  * High levels of complexity
  * Diversity -- people and points of view
  * Genuine urgency
  * Passion, conflict and confusion

Isn't it wonderful that Open Space Technology provides such a simple and
effective way for people and groups to self-organize and to take
responsibility in areas that matter deeply to them; where we feel we can
make a difference? Isn't it amazing to be part of this community of
practice where there is such wisdom, caring and generosity in sharing
experiences and stories, whether we are just starting as Open Space
practitioners or have been involved in this work longer, perhaps since
it began nearly 30 years ago? There is so much to be grateful for not
the least of which how Harrison Owen, creator of Open Space, made sure
that Open Space was open -- open-hearted, open-minded, open source.

Open Space Institute USA are partners with others in this global
community of practice. Our purpose is to gently hold space for Open
Space by providing access to resources on Open Space Technology, by
connecting individuals and groups to inform, inspire, mentor and sustain
each other in opening and holding space and by being an inclusive
learning community.

We invite you to consider joining OSI-US or to renew your membership by
making a donation on line. Any amount is greatly appreciated.
Click the donate button on our website or if you prefer, send a check to
the following address:

*Open Space Institute c/o Harold Shinsato, PO Box 66, Stevensville, MT
59870*

Anyone can join from anywhere in the world. To learn more about the
benefits of membership and how your contribution helps support the work
of Open Space Institute -- US, please visit our website.

http://osius.org/

In recent years, we:
Supported World Open Space on Open Space in various ways, contributing
to WOSonOS 2012 in London and acting as the fiscal agent for WOSonOS
2013 in Florida.

  * Contributed to enable our friends in Latin America to be part of the
    London WOSonOS and Haiti to attend the training and WOSonOS in Florida.
  * Worked collaboratively with Access Queen who supports many in
    different ways to help them come to WOSonOS or to participate in the
    training of large groups and communities that happen during that
    time in the host country.
  * Financially contributed to the OST NING site to help support the
    learning, collaboration and sharing around OST in multiple languages.
  * Continued to fund, enhance and maintain the technology and OSLIST site.
  * Supplied Skype video conferencing for the Open Space Hotline.

Looking ahead, we are brimming with excitement and ideas feeling the
exponential growth of Open Space around the world. In addition to
holding space for Open Space, many of us see opportunities to expand
communications and sharing between us using technology. We imagine the
possibility of many projects with many joining in. We see opportunities
for partnering with our friends in Scrum and Agile and with large
community groups who are using Open Space with their clients, in
organizations and with many groups.

Please join us in holding space for Open Space!

Thank you from the Open Space Institute --US Board

Sharon Joy Chao, Tricia Chirumbole, Suzanne Daigle, Karen Davis, Doug
Germann, Ed Laboy, Chuni Li, Phelim McDermott, Jasmina Nikolic, Harold
Shinsato