[OSList] bridging two OS conferences

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sun Aug 18 07:52:56 PDT 2013

Thanks for all the sharing and ideas.
Where I am with our case now is that I will probably not make such a big thing about the sharing of reports from the first occasion. It will be posted somewhere if anyone is interested. I will also check with my sponsors after the first 2-day OST, what they think is the best way.
In each of the 2-day conferences we will devote the last half day to action planning, the re-opening style (create the agenda and then two short sessions to make the action plans). Here I think there needs to be some integration, not to start parallel groups, working on the same idea.

The first conference will probably result in a number of action plans (what? who? when? and each action plan having one person responsible to coordinate/communicate etc).

So, when we go to action planning in the second conference we will already have some action plans from the first 2 day conference. In my thinking so far, I have come up with two alternatives which I am not 100% happy with.
1. Have complete documentation from the 1st OST ready, including the action plans. So, when the agenda for action planning is set I invite people to have a look at what their colleagues achieved and think about if you want to integrate your action plan with one of those from the previous OST.
2. Have the action plans from the 1st OST on a wall, present them very brief, inviting anyone to continue working on any one of them or to bring a different action up, a new one.

What do you think? Any other ideas?
Cheers
Thomas (just arrived in Oslo - OST training Mo-Wed!)