[OSList] OS memorial services?

Lourdes Adriana Diaz-Berrio Doring adriana at diazberrio.com
Sat Aug 10 01:22:54 PDT 2013

James Sheldon:
Yes I can tell you that  when my dear step father pasted away I ask the
friends and family to meet in a circle and asked them to share what ever
they wanted to say about this moment or about this incredible man and it
was a very powerful way to open the space and to listen to each other. I
was inspired by my OS experiences and it worked very well for us. Is this
the kind of idea you have about  using OS in funerals?
We could used more probably but this took about one hour....
Adriana Diaz-Berrio

2013/8/10 Michael M Pannwitz <mmpannwitz at gmail.com>

> Dear James,
> it has been done, most certainly in Australia.
> Here is the link to those colleagues that listed themselves in the World
> Map/Australia
>
>> http://www.openspaceworldmap.**org/moreinfo/contactinfo.php?**c_id=10<http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/moreinfo/contactinfo.php?c_id=10>
>>

> If I remember correctly, Brendan, the fifth in the list, did it... but
> certainly would know who did.
>
> Weddings and birthdays have been done using OST in Germany and I imagine
> in a number of other places.
>
> Just for the record: in many cultures traditional funerals or wakes do
> look very much like an os-gathering...
>
> Cheers
> mmp
>
> On 10.08.2013 05:05, James Sheldon wrote:
>
>> My grandmother died recently, and I was unable to attend her funeral
>> because of distance and timing.   I asked if they could record some of
>> the stories people told, and was told that people felt uncomfortable
>> about that.
>>
>> It made me realize that when I die (hopefully not anytime soon...), I'd
>> like my funeral/memorial service done using OST.   Has anyone ever done
>> this?   Apparently there have been Open Space Weddings...  but what
>> about funerals or memorials?
>>
>> --
>> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>> @ james sheldon
>> @ http://www.jamessheldon.com
>> @ queerpedagogue at gmail.com <mailto:queerpedagogue at gmail.**com<queerpedagogue at gmail.com>
>> >
>> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

> --
> Michael M Pannwitz
> Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
> ++49 - 30-772 8000
>

> Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 412 resident Open
> Space Workers in 72 countries working in a total of 143 countries
> worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org

Adriana Díaz-Berrio Ph.D. CRHA
(514) 739 2268
www.diazberrio.com