[OSList] Certification?

Kári Gunnarsson kari.gunnarsson at simnet.is
Thu Aug 8 09:29:33 PDT 2013

I love the Certification dialogue and I think that the recurrence of
the dialogue is necessary. As I have looked around of things that
trace there roots to open space or give the impression to be similar
is some way. Some of these processes have the Certification hierarchy
protecting the Quality of the Brand and the revenues steaming from the
property that the brand name is.

The hierarchy of the Certification process associated with Brand names
is a way to close space and create tension witch in turn will fuel the
flow of cash from the people that can pay, excluding the people that
can not. It is an exercise in creating a closed system to fuel a
business plan. And naturally, any start up consultancy offering some
tools will need some flow of cash to pay the phone bill.

When I was at Wosonon in Berlin back in 2010, I head one participant
saying. "You always have the clients that you deserve".

By knowing that the space for clients is well open and the law of
mobility is active from them is perhaps a little scary. This scare can
be remedied by letting go of the outcome and commit time to prepare to
be of more benefit for my future clients.

Here I have opened up many lines of thoughts that stay with me when I
think about this topic. What I would like to have written down is some
sort of vision on how to go about using the open space as a central
idea and core philosophy in a practise.

On Certification, my vote would go for "no central Certification", but
I don't mind that various offspring's of Open Space go ahead and
create there own brand name with the associated cash flow headaches
and salaried sales staff of Certification trainings in there bid to
get a bought with a handsome cash out from lager companies.

That said, I would like to see more people get interested in the
"boring" methought of meeting, working and begin together called open
space.

By the way, I am bored to tears by people hearing about open space and
begin pissed off by the way open office layout (also called open space
in my country) has been ruining there work experiences.

This is starting to be a long rant, Ill stop now.

With the breeze from Iceland
Kári