[OSList] Cheryl Honey

Peggy Holman peggy at peggyholman.com
Mon Apr 29 09:18:17 PDT 2013

I got to know Cheryl as a result of Spirited Work, an Open Space community of practice.  While there, she told me of her work.  I was moved by it because she engaged people, herself included, who were treated as broken by social services systems and reminded them that together, they could care for their needs.  She contributed a chapter to the second edition of The Change Handbook on what she came to call Community Weaving.

I experienced Cheryl as courageous, determined, caring, and creative; very much her own woman.  She was an original who made a difference for many.  She will be missed.

Peggy

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
peggy at peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman

15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
425-746-6274
www.peggyholman.com
www.journalismthatmatters.org

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity

"An angel told me that the only way to step into the fire and not get burnt, is to become
the fire".
  -- Drew Dellinger