[OSList] facilitator neutrality

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Sat Apr 27 07:07:47 PDT 2013

I've always participated in my open space events. Lightly though. I
don't think I've been a space invader in re-arranging chairs during
sessions - but I usually try to set up chairs in a circle before people
arrive and let people do their own chair re-arranging after that.

A good deal of the Open Space events I've attended there were a few
sessions held by the facilitator and I've never seen it harm the open
space event so far. I hosted a session for the first time at my open
space event and it didn't seem to detract from the event. I'm not sure
I'd recommend to new facilitators to host sessions though. It can be a
big job to hold the space - at least until one can develop the faith
that it will just work.

     Harold

Harold Shinsato
harold at shinsato.com <mailto:harold at shinsato.com>