[OSList] sacred economics 101 and the future

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 11:01:00 PDT 2013

miguel-jan, doug-jan, kerry-jan and all, salam!

miguel thanks so much for sharing the berlin story. beautiful, simple, and elegant one! and inspiring.

at the end of may, i am planning on taking part in the Village Building Convergence in portland, oregon. as i've shared on the list before, i think village building as a practice is Open Space two point o...and the example you shared and what happens at the different sites at VBC (in the everyday life of the sites) is the future and what gives "hope" (whatever that is!).

Doug-jan, in the coming days, i'll be sure to post what the gift circle looked like, what happened. in the meantime, feel free to join us in your heart (or if any of you will be in san diego may 9th):

https://www.facebook.com/events/177009605789867/?ref=14

much warmth,
raffi

******
"The truism that we reap only what we sow only goes back as far as agriculture. Before then, we could reap without sowing: nature was fundamentally  provident.  For  the  hunter-gatherer,  the providence of nature requires little labor or planning, but only  an  understanding  of  nature’s  patterns.  Primitive survival is a matter of intimacy and not control.."
-- Charles Eisenstein, Ascent of Humanity