[OSList] WOSONOS: Inviting financial support for 3 Haitian colleagues

John Engle john at haitipartners.org
Fri Apr 19 10:35:47 PDT 2013

[I'm resending this message, having removed graphic and excel table]

Dear OS Colleagues,

I would like to share an invitation for financial support which will allow three influential co-workers among our OS network in Haiti, to attend WOSONOS AND Lisa Hefts' pre-event training.

My colleagues and I in Haiti and elsewhere who are a part of our network practicing and promoting OS in Haiti, are grateful beyond words for the financial support, coaching and coordinating that we've already received from Suzanne Daigle, Lisa Heft, Marilyn Anderson, and OSI-USA.

I am reaching out to others who might be interested in helping to make this dream a reality. Budget information and how to contribute are all below.

I'm bummed that I will not be able to attend WOSONOS due to a previously made engagement to speak at WorldBlu Live.

Please don't hesitate with any questions. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing how this gathering of wonderful and creative people goes.

Sincerely,

John
Co-Director
Haiti Partners

Proposal for Three from Haiti to attend WOSONOS
April 19, 2013

In the context of strengthening Haitian organizations and working every day to change the structure of grassroots groups, churches, elementary schools, community groups and seminaries, Haiti Partners is part of a network of thousands of people across Haiti who are regularly facilitating or participating in Open Space Technology meetings. It’s now twenty years ago since we started using Open Space Technology in Haiti.

The work that we’re doing with Open Space is complimented by using other types of alternative education methods toward establishing a new type of leadership across the country.

Haiti’s history of colonization, slavery, and dictatorship, means that Haitians interiorize a dictatorship system in their individual lives. Whether in church, at school, or in organizations structures are extremely top-down. It is unthinkable that more than just a few people who are in charge would have any voice in decisions.

Haiti Partners’ work is about creating practices and influencing structures so that every person who has a stake in the organization or community has a voice in decisions that are being made.

Among our Open Space network in Haiti, there are three of our co-workers who are especially influential and who are available to participate in WOSONOS: Benaja Antoine, Abelard Xavier and Maxandre Bien-Aimé. We hope that it will be possible for them to participate in the WOSONOS in Florida, May 16-19, 2013, and in the Learning Workshop led by Lisa Heft prior to WOSONOS.

By participating in a major event like this, they will gain more tools, ideas and knowledge to continue their work in Haiti. We anticipate that they will draw inspiration from other participants and the relationships they nurture will help these individuals to be even more motivated and effective. WOSONOS will be a tremendous opportunity to learn from others who practice the same methods and for them to share their knowledge and experience with others.

Here is the budget for these three colleagues to participate:

Flights and ground transportation for 3 people from Port au Prince Haiti: 			$1,950
Registration for event and Lisa's pre-event training (discounted prices) for 3 people:    	$1,350
Meals for three people for 6 days											   $720

Haiti Partners has committed to providing $1,000 toward this goal. Their lodging is graciously being covered thanks to a family opening their home, and OSI-USA has committed $1,500. Thus, the balance we’re seeking is $1,520.
If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution toward helping us attend WOSONOS, please send check made out to Haiti Partners (with WOSONOS in memo line) to Haiti Partners, PO Box 2865, Vero Beach, FL 32961 or do so online at:
https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/HaitiPartners/OnlineDonation.html

Thank you for your time and consideration!

John Engle
Co-Director
Haiti Partners