[OSList] book recommendation- Sacred Economics

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Thu Apr 18 08:34:03 PDT 2013

Raffi,

Thanks so much for sharing this book. The teaser video shows how much
these ideas are right on the pulse - and interesting how it showed
people in a circle around a beach. Opening space? Maybe not
specificially OST - but it sure looked like what inspired Harrison Owen
in the first place.

What beautiful things would we do if money weren't in the way? Open
Space is a worthy endeavor to help communities engage with hard
questions, with the healing, and with the transformation of this
planetary organism.

Raffi - given how awesome this book looks - what were your other 9?

     Harold

On 4/17/13 9:42 AM, Raffi Aftandelian wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I'd like to share a book recommendation-- Sacred Economics by Charles
> Eisenstein.
>
> I consider this book among the top ten books anyone should read (aside
> from any books one relies on for a spiritual practice-- if one can
> make that distinction!).
>
> I think it can support all of us to think more deeply and carefully
> about abundance, money, wealth, and such.
>
> Eisenstein, to me, understands and shares much like Harrison Owen and
> others the power of Story and he offers a New Story of the emerging
> economic system. Interestingly, one of Eisenstein's next books will be
> on Story...
>
> My book club (we call it an "eating club with a reading problem"),
> usually a pretty ornery group, are finding ourselves really stimulated
> by this book.
>
> You can buy the book, but in the spirit of the kind of book it is, it
> is available freely online <http://sacred-economics.com/read-online/>.
> There are numerous lectures on Youtube, summarizing  many of the ideas
> in the book. And it has been translated into a few languages. This
> teaser video on the book
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEZkQv25uEs> might also be of
> interest. And if you're not much of a reader, there are numerous talks
> by the author available online.
>
> If you do pick it up or have read it, I'd love to hear what the book
> stimulates in you.
>
> And what book(s) have you been inspired by recently?
> much warmth,
> raffi

Harold Shinsato
harold at shinsato.com <mailto:harold at shinsato.com>