[OSList] 120 minutes of Open Space ….

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 01:49:24 PDT 2013

Those shorties are in many ways shortchanging os and the forces of
selforganisation... here are my suggestions:

---get the sponsor (thats usually the person paying you) to make it
short and sweet, 3,5 minutes, enough to say: Hello and to state the
theme in his own words and, most important, to say something from his
heart, something he really wants to come out of this gathering

---get yourself to be short, 13 minutes, dont explain anything, just
introduce the gathered folks to the OST process... most important right
at the beginning of your show, walk the circle, look at everyone and
while you do this have the group focus on itself (such things as: Look
around who is here, take note that some 3700 years of life experience
are gathered here and that each person is the entrance to a vault full
of treasures that can be shared and used)

---have 3 breakout sessions, 25 minutes each, not one since there is
only once choice, not two since thats too few choices, with three you
are in the right direction... with 100 people you might have 36 issues
which means you need 12 breakout spaces

---that leaves you a solid block of 20 minutes for the closing circle

Curious to hear what actually happened

Greetings from Berlin
mmp