[OSList] Skye - Personal Agency

Skye Hirst skyeh at autognomics.org
Mon Apr 8 09:53:04 PDT 2013

"Not about us without us".  Great!  Thanks Lisa for this.

Where Personal Agency is not recognized or encouraged what happens
next?    Living
processes can take habit,  and form ways of functioning very quickly.  As
living beings we act, get results and evaluate the effectiveness of those
actions with lightening speed.  How we evaluate that effectiveness is an
"inside>out and outside>in process.  What works in any given context over
time,  takes habit in us, and often then it takes habit in the context,
culture or group.  The personal agency of a group is also amazingly fast. A
living organism can change everything about itself in a heart beat.  So
what enables that process for the "good" of the self and the context?

 Personal agency is always working. How it shows up might indeed give us
clues to problems on many fronts: living fulfilling personal lives or not
within health, wealth, education, business, mental wellness, governance -
or Gangs and terrorism, addiction, racism and sexual abuse, domestic
violence, Poverty cycles, "dominance-Over" society??

I invite any and all to  come on into this conversation.  Skye