[OSList] Opening space in the classroom

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Tue Sep 25 13:50:14 PDT 2012

Thanks for the questions and great responses.

Just want to share one experience. Some years ago I facilitated an OST with
young people and adults at schools – about stop bullying.

In the pre-meeting we had a good mixture of people from age of 12 and
adults. In the transfer in exercise I always start such meetings everyone
was invited to chose an object, reflect on it, talk in pairs and share in
the circle. One of the youngest participants had picked a little stick and
he shared: One little stick is easy to break but when you hold many sticks
together you cannot break them.

You can imagine the tears in the eyes of the teachers in the room.

This statement was on the invitation to the OST meeting which went very well
except that some of the teachers had a little difficult to stay out of the
way.

Good luck with your important work!

All the best

Thomas Herrmann