[OSList] Ending a one day OST with 775?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpannwitz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:02:52 PDT 2012

1) Everyone stands up and, if you have up to 60 people or so, forms one
circle, people standing close to each other, if you have several
hundred, you just stand in a crowd but the inner circle should be a
circle with the others standing behind the folks in the inner circle.
2) Everybody raises their arms, keeps them pointing to the ceiling/sky
and lets just the hands and fingers drop down so they are pointing to
the floor/earth.
3) People move their fingers imagining that raindrops come out of their
fingertips.
4) The facilitator asks people to be absolutely quiet so everyone can
hear the raindrops falling (its stupendous: as the group falls into
silence and listens you can actually hear the raindrops...).
5) The rain may go on 15 or 20 seconds, folks will follow the
facilitator as she/he lowers the arms.
6) After that people can say goodbye to each other or, as I have often
done following Harrisons lead, ask the people to have a final look
around telling them that this is the last time they will see this group
stand together in this mix...and after a little while (I look at
everyone, yes everyone and then continue) I suggest that everyone turns
looking away from the center of the circle, remain that way a few
seconds feeling the presence of the group behind them and then step away
from the circle in all directions of the compass... after that people
still remain and hug and say goodbye...

The rain drop ceremony is also called "warm rain" and often used by
people sitting in a circle when something is said that she/he
appreciates or wants to honor, its a nice/silent variation on "clapping
the hands" ... as far as I know its one of the North American Indian
ways of communicating.

Have a great day in Iceland
mmp
--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 384 resident Open
Space Workers in 66 countries working in a total of 142 countries
worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org