[OSList] Circle of One (was OSList Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5)

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Tue Sep 11 16:09:25 PDT 2012

Matilda Leyser held a delightful session "A Circle of One - Opening
Space On Your Own" at 1:30 pm Thursday May 13 in Berlin at the 2010
World Open Space on Open Space. It was an innovative and very useful
session, where Matilda demonstrated how she uses Open Space Technology
on her own to help her resolve issues and especially creative scenarios
for play writing using different spaces in a room or a few rooms using
stuffed animals to represent different aspects of her own psyche or
persona. I wish I had written up notes for the event, or someone had,
but there's no evidence of the session other than my photo of the
schedule wall (which is how I know when it happened!).

What I remember, and I hope she or someone else corrects me if my memory
is faulty, is that she would begin with the regular opening with a
circle of herself and the stuffed animals or other objects, then write
out the different topic sessions - and then have different
representatives move to the different spaces and she would move around
between them using the law of two feet, and move the representatives as
well. She used it in shorter sessions, a couple hours, and also all day
long. Though I think mostly half a day sessions.

Anyone else remember this session and any other highlights of the ideas
that were covered? Anyone else know of any other experiments like Matilda's?

     Cheers!
     Harold

--
Harold Shinsato