[OSList] THE WORLD OPENSPACESHIP LEAVES SOON: & A Question

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:25:18 PDT 2012

 Dear Phelim,

*You said:  "Maybe I should? Maybe I shouldn't?" When I listened to myself
the decision had already been taken.. and my life was never the same again.*

That's it! In a few words, you said it all. That's exactly what happened
when I met up with Open Space!

Phelim, I know that everything you and others have described is there
waiting for us...  The warm welcome of a heartfelt team; London, a city
with so much to offer this year; the culmination of a fantastic Theatre
Road trip; an amazing WOSonOS; and dear friends and colleagues reuniting or
meeting face-to-face for the first time!

And then there is something else, that can't be predicted that always seem
to happen when many meet like this in Open Space, over a period of days, in
a special place. Something shifts inside us that creates a new opening, new
possibilities, a bubbling of energy and a letting go that seems to invite
something to come forth that could not have been imagined. Yes there is
learning, and lots of new ideas, with many shared experiences but there is
so much more too!

The quality of it is a bit like opening, holding and closing space as
facilitators.  Yet now, we get to indulge as full-blown participants,
living the intimacy of conversations that stay with us forever,
experiencing connection and community in ways that shape what we do long
after we have left.

So Phelim, my passport is on my desk, my e-plane ticket is only a printer
click away and my bags will be packed at least a week ahead.

A little less than a month ago, I was one of those sitting on the fence and
if others are reading this who were like me, let me add my voice to say:
"Just do it!"

I did... and I am so glad I did!  Counting the weeks and days!

Suzanne

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Phelim McDermott <phelim at mac.com> wrote:

Dear Open Space frie nds around the world!

> If you saw my previous email you would know that I have just returned from
> being on tour, back from over a month of facilitating OS events around the
> UK as part of Improbable's D&D Roadshow. We have so far held eleven open
> space events and have another nine to go!
>
> As we go around the country we have been publicising WOSonOS 2012 and
> hopefully will have more people coming from around the UK. As next month
> approaches we are transitioning from National to Global. See some of the
> great invites from people around the world here:
> http://invites.wosonos2012.com/archive
>
> Now I have a question:
>
> Do you know that moment in an open space where there are some people who
> are thinking "Should I? Shouldn't I?" about calling a session... We know
> how important it is to hold the space for those sessions to be born. Those
> of you who have been in this situation and acted on that impulse may
> recognise it. Or you've see others go through it as you hold the space. We
> have seen that when people act on those small impulses their life changes.
> Retrospectively they wonder why they ever doubted it. It seems hard to
> imagine life before it... The world has been changed by following their two
> feet.
>
> I had these same thoughts before I considered joining the OS community and
> Harrison in Portland Maine for the "OSonOS by the Sea". "Maybe I should?
> Maybe I shouldn't?" When I listened to myself the decision had already been
> taken.. and my life was never the same again.
>
> So I'm imagining that there are some of you out there holding a question:
> "Should I? Shouldn't I come to WOSonOS 2012?"
>
> A threshold time you might still be considering coming.
>
> This I imagine is probably the last window for those of you coming from
> international places. The "World Openspaceship" leaves soon...  Will you be
> on it too?
>
> There are already some amazing people on it..
> http://wosonos2012.com/who-is-coming.php
>
> I encourage you to get your ticket!
>
> Life will never be the same again.
>
> http://wosonos2012.com/how-do-i-book.php
>
> If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch with myself or
> our WOSonOS registrar - Lorraine Wood - lorraine at improbable.co.uk
>
> Lots of Love
>
> Phelim x
>
> PS
>
> If you do join us you may also be interested in combining attending
> WOSonOS 2012 with coming to the pre WOSonOS Open Space Learning workshop
> run by the fabulous Lisa Heft. Find out more at:
> http://wosonos2012.com/pre-learning-workshops.php
>
> ________________________________
>
> I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working
> day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent
> please call me on 07956 187298.

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle