[OSList] medicine wheel? anyone?

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Sep 4 08:17:57 PDT 2012

like michael, i stopped telling the medicine wheel story a long time
ago.  the story i usually tell is about invitation, and what they've
already done.  i like to notice before we finish how this happens so
to point out that keeping it going or repeating it can be pretty easy.

the story goes like this:  take a moment to look at what we just
did... somebody wrote a short note about something that mattered,
picked a time and a place, and sent it to everyone who might care.
you all cared and came.  some of you posted a few words about things
that matter to you, picked a time and a place and your breakouts
happened.  now you've got a book of notes in your hands... a few words
about things that matter.  so keeping this going can be as simple as
writing a short note and sending it to anyone you think might care.
get together.  do some work.  take some notes...

this storyline was triggered by overhearing a couple people talking as
they walked out of a meeting once... "this was really great," says the
one.  "yeah, we should do this every couple of years," says the other.
 "too long to wait!" i think to myself.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
312-280-7838 (mobile)