[OSList] medicine wheel? anyone?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Tue Sep 4 06:21:11 PDT 2012

I stopped using the Medicine Wheel years ago when the thought crossed my
mind, that this was more an interest (stake) of mine and had probably
very little to do with my role of attempting to be fully present and
completely invisible. Also, I began to feel that I was employing a
"tool" in an attempt to have participants become more aware of what a
grand experience they had just been through... is that really my
business? Does it make more time and space for the forces of
selforganisation?
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On 04.09.2012 14:08, Harrison Owen wrote:
> Not to twist thoughts or maybe bend minds – but I doubt that anything is
> “essential” when it comes to facilitating an Open Space gathering, if
> only because the fundamental process, (self organization) was there way
> before OST. Not of our making or control. And if we did absolutely
> nothing, self organization would roll on. BUT I believe we
> (facilitators/practitioners/?) can add value by helping to bring this
> elemental power of life to consciousness awareness. There are all sorts
> of ways that can be done, but the more subtle the better. I always loved
> the Medicine Wheel for its elegant simplicity and the way it wove
> history and tradition into present experience. But is it essential? I
> more than suspect that the only “essential” for a good OST is to learn
> to do nothing at all…
>
> ho
>
> Harrison Owen
>
> 7808 River Falls Dr.
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> USA
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)
>
> Camden, Maine 20854
>
> Phone 301-365-2093
>
> (summer)  207-763-3261
>
> www.openspaceworld.com <www.openspaceworld.com%20>
>
> www.ho-image.com <www.ho-image.com%20> (Personal Website)
>
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> OSLIST Go
> to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49 - 30-772 8000

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 386 resident Open
Space Workers in 67 countries working in a total of 143 countries
worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org