[OSList] Peggy plus OST Linkedin Comment

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Sat Oct 20 13:46:43 PDT 2012

Chris

I agree with you. I'm fine with the critique. Different strokes for different folks.

I think the difficulty is what you pinpoint. It's hard to reply and have a constructive conversation when it's not directly addressed to myself and the hosting team and seems like a veiled passive aggressive attack especially considering how it is being disseminated with provocative headlines of the "can you handle criticism" kind.

I wonder what the intention behind the communication is?

I also think this raises the issue of what WOSonOS is....

Is it a celebration and a meeting of a community who share? Not just an open space event but the creation of a welcoming gathering space in which people work on being a community and honour the history of the event. Or on the other end of the scale is it where we come and check out how other people "do or facilitate open space" and critique and score it?

I know that WOSonOS is not an open space event for a client And Personally I'm in for celebrating diversity of style in event and facilitation. It was one of the reasons we were encouraged to invite by the international OS community we are a theatre company and our event had small touch of that style...  if only a touch.

And Paul if you're on the list I would love to engage in a conversation about this.

Love
Phelim

I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent please call me on 07956 187298.

www.improbable.co.uk
@openspacer