[OSList] thanks

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:00:44 PDT 2012

I add my voice to the Nordic pax!

Yes as requested and suggested by our faraway esteemed colleagues (Peggy,
Christine and others), there were many hugs between many people tonight.
These gestures of affection, deep friendship and shared passion for Open
Space matched the hospitality that awaited us.  Creativity, arts, improv,
live interviews, special photo shoots, dapper newscaster with proper suit
showing lots of hairy leg and a peekaboo speedo, strobe lights, a short
stage show featuring none other than Phelim and company looking for the man
in the hat, fast asleep behind the curtain, with empty martini glass, a bit
of poetry, sign cards, dance and dance cards, the most creative marketplace
wall ever seen with post-it notes on the ready, posters hanging from the
tall walls, plentiful bite size food tasting...Brits tapas style all
delicious, a bit of mime, a giant world map with purchased and handmade
post-cards, and sooooo soooo much more. Baby Ridley is there, smiling and
Matilda mom, calm as can be. Papa Phelim, who I was meeting for the first
time, was more wonderful than I had even imagined him to be (don't blush
Phelim...) and the team assembled were "over the top" wonderful in the way
of that giant Ferris Wheel in the middle of London town.

How to describe this theatrical scene that had so much more than what I
just spoke of, all of which created the magic of this evening that felt
like "pure spontaneous open space"!  We know many hours and much love and
welcome went into creating the magic for us and yet as much as there was,
as much joy and wonder as it created, it had about it the spirit of the
"law of two feet" leaving so much room for the natural energy flow of
intimate conversations that seemed to have no beginning, no end, all
interwoven and continuous.

I had worried so about hyperventilating with excitement, wondering if I
could be present and calm, knowing the people I would meet, never guessing
others who I met (welcome Jasmina Nikolic of Serbia).  The encounters
happened in such a graceful way as if we were all family, uniquely
connected and cherishing each other. In those encounters tonight, something
else that was present for me under the surface, are all the spaces being
opened all over the world, historical spaces and everyday spaces. In the
most humble way, I felt the great privilege of doing this work and being
with others, in person and in spirit, who have found life purpose in Open
Space.

Signing off still in the glow of this wonderful evening!

Suzanne

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Ulrika Eklund <ulrika.eklund at telia.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the fantastic reception! It was iniviting, exceting and very
> welcoming! Looking forward to the rest!
>
> Thomas, Janne, Pernilla and Ulrika - part of the Nordic pax
>

> Ulrika Eklund
> Bergsgatan 7A
> SE-112 23 Stockholm
> Sweden