[OSList] OS Spirit in visual arts

Bernhard Weber weberb at gmx.at
Sun Nov 18 02:34:44 PST 2012

Not exactly Open Space Technology but certainly OS spirit.
That is what brings their "spirit" LORORULU to action in Vienna/Austria: "We cannot force LORORULU to appear, but we can remove obstacles and contribute constructively."
Three painters (women), who are no friends, have been meeting regularily for years. We know of collective painting by painter friends, but this is new.
They are working according to an "etiquette" that reminds me a lot of the OS principles and rules (see: www.lororulu.at/english/etiquette.php), although "Whoever comes..." does not apply, because it is a stable group.
They meet regularily and iteratively: "The outcome of the previous is the input for the next."
"Dissent is possible and not outed but included. In this way we link our different positions."

Their process seems to work, because they have meanwhile produced over 600 paintings. You can have a look at their latest series at www.lororulu.at/english/paints.php
Unfortunately it is not (yet?) possible to buy their paintings via Internet.

Does anyone of you know of a comparable experience anywhere?

Bernard