[OSList] WOSonOS, OS List and Real Time Virtual

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:39:51 PST 2012

This week I find myself transported back to WOSonOS London with my head and
my heart.  I experience the cellular memory of heartfelt connections that
happened there as if it was yesterday.

As war wages in Gaza, I also experience confusion and sadness, worried
about my dear OS friends, their families and so many others living this
chaos.

I remember sitting in the giant circle next to Tova Averbuch of Israel and
Claudia Gross, German now living in Egypt -- they have become such dear
friends. I can see them now, sitting side by side, laughing and enjoying
each other like sisters, planning and dreaming what it would be to host an
Open Space together and sharing that idea with all of us as they walked the
middle of the circle, arm in arm on that final WOSonOS day.  A picture of
peace, possibility and love!

Each are on my Facebook and how grateful I am to have this virtual way of
being up close and personal.  Yesterday and today, Tova posted a few links
that I felt a longing to share with you.

As Harrison mentioned earlier,  this OS community has been around for 27
years with thousands of members from all around the world.  And whether on
a large scale or a small scale in the intimacy of our lives, there is a lot
of spirit in this community -- a spirit that defies organization and seems
to be life itself.

bringing another world to my doorstep, up close and personal.

communicating and staying in touch. I treasure the thumbs up "like" and
most especially the bits of news or comments -- even though some I cannot
not understand because I do not know the language.

Yesterday Tova posted this and I felt a longing to share it with all of you

is as precious as can be.  They are my Open Space friends and I marvel that
these connections and friendships happen all the time in our Open Space
community as evidenced by the posts and writings that we read everyday on
our OS list. We become part of each others' lives even getting to know our
families through these virtual connections.

The powe the virtual world is bringing another world to my doorstep, up
close and personal.

I grasp for the Facebook posts wishing that they and one example is this
post on Tova's facebook where she invites us to listen to my daughter Shira
Averbuch now in Huffington Post about social media as a result of her
(Shira's) post yesterday.

I include both links here thinking others are also living this cascade of
emotions wishing for peace and safety

http://www.facebook.com/tova.averbuch?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/israel-palestine-gaza-strip-updates/50a4261d78c90a1dbe00017d

--