[OSList] how many osonos events?

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Mon Nov 12 11:46:25 PST 2012

hey chris, good to see you here.  just getting back to list mail.

ralph's january, 1996, philly event was my first (real live) open space,
where i first met you and harrison and linda and a cast of other important
open space folk.  ralph's theme was "totally fulfilling business" but i
don't recall that he called it an osonos, even though that might have been
a bit of what it was.  at that time harrison had only just hosted osonos3.

and the snow, holy cow... the law of two feet... i stayed with friends a
few blocks from the main meeting place/hotel and that distance became
virtually impassable.  i was out helping dig out whole streets and somehow
getting to the hotel to see others ppts stranded in philly.  i remember
harrison somehow made it out and home ahead of the storm and when those of
us who were left tried to get dinner at the four seasons hotel (one of the
nicest places around) all they had to offer was cold sandwiches.

being my first dip in the world of open space, my senses and memory banks
were on high alert.  i think i remember dancing at some point, but i can't
say i have any recollection of you and harrison on the dance floor
together.  which is just fine!

best for now,

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates