[OSList] emergent governance

Cheryl Honey cheryl at communityweaving.org
Mon May 21 07:05:06 PDT 2012

Hi John:

Here’s an example of emergent governance from a man who intuitively
practices Open Space putting his heart of compassion into action.

Our non-profit, the Family Support Network, Int’l umbrella’s a homebuilding
project called JRMD in Burundi, Africa. They have raised enough money to
build over 3,200 homes for the Hutu/Tutsi in an effort to bring peace and
reconciliation to the region.  The JRMD, founded by Prosper Ndabishuriya,
recruited young adults from both Hutu/Tutsi tribes to put their lives on the
line and work together as a symbol of unity in this war torn country.  I’m
not sure if Prosper has corresponded with Habitat for Humanity, but it seems
Habitat might be a good fit to help with the village building project, while
he focuses on raising funds to finish the school and orphanage for the
orphans and set up micro-enterprises.  To learn more visit: www.jrmd.org

John, please send a copy of the HfH proposal you referenced below to both
Prosper and myself.  I think it would be useful.

Prosper is an inspiration and a Community Weaver.  I hope those of you who
are moved by this project will donate your time or dollars.  Please contact
him directly if you are interested in setting up speaking engagements where
he can share his extraordinary story. I promised you will be moved. He is a
man of honor and a true spirited worker who practices OS in governance of
the village.

This suspect this project is an example of emergence governance as the
people have self-organized and are doing what they love to ensure all
inhabitance of the village thrives.  Please visit the JRMD website
it’s a
truly inspiring example on what can happen when one lives by the principals
of OS.

In service to the greater good,

Cheryl Honey

Community Weaver