[OSList] From the Immersion 2012: some new Open Space principles?

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 02:25:37 PDT 2012

I agree with Florian, Harrison and Spark (and some others).

OST principles are descritive. The last thing we need are prescritive principles! Any prescriptive principles (that normally came from mixing OST with other - more directive - methods) are the last thing we need!!!

The most important "principle" - as I see it - is "One less thing to do!", and not "one more thing to *suggest* to participants"...

My quest for the "OST foundations", some years ago, envolving the circle, Bolletim board, market place and the law, but not the principles (because, they are what always happens when the space is really open and need not be stated) would have avoided this kind of things...

Another purist, I am affraid

Artur