[OSList] Fees for OS conferences?

Graydancer graydancer at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:20:01 PDT 2012

We usually divide the total cost of expenses like the venue, lunch and my
travel, lodging, and facilitator's fee by the expected number of attendees,
then add on 25% to that amount to give us "cushion". This is not a terribly
profitable model - often they only break even, and a few times it has
*not* paid
for the venue, or even my fees - but it seems to keep it low enough that
people don't mind paying.

Usually we end up with a small profit, which we donate to various worthy
causes. No one has ever complained about the cost, even without
"professional" instructors and such.

Hope that helps,

Gray