[OSList] On behalf of the Open Space Institute - US Board (OSI-US)

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:02:59 PDT 2012

*To our Open Space Colleagues and Friends:*
 **

An eventful year for Open Space and a time of rich dialogues and meaningful
projects for the OSI Institute US, accomplished with and on behalf of our
global community. *Again this year, we invite you to join us and to become
members of the OSI Institute US.  *

  Many reasons for doing so:

    - To provide support and funding for various projects of benefit to
   specific groups and/or our entire community.
   - To indicate to clients, community groups and others that we are
   members of the OSI Institute US
    - To acknowledge the volunteerism combined with the judicious funding
   in support of the infrastructure that invites deep sharing and learning
   together as colleagues on the OS list and through other means.

   *Please consider making a financial contribution!*  Donations from
individuals in the past have varied between $25 to $1500, a range that
reflects people’s financial circumstances and desire to contribute.* *
http://osius.org/content/support-osi-us.

*We also welcome anyone who would be interested in serving on the Board to
contact us. *No requirement that it be someone from the US.

*Accomplishments in 2011*

The following represents the highlights of our work:

   - Harold Shinsato completed the mammoth task of migrating the OSlist
   (including the extensive archives) from Boise to its new on-line home -- a
   mighty feat that happened with hardly a glitch.
   - Thanks to the generous support of our members, we were also able to
   provide financial assistance on various projects including *Open Space
   training in Haiti* and *the first WOSonOS in South America beautifully
   hosted by our Chile colleagues*.
   - OSI board members traveled to Florida for a full 3-day retreat in the
   spring, everyone paying their own travel with accommodations provided by
   local Florida folks. During our time together, we had an opportunity to
   step back and explore more deeply how we can work with others in our
   community to extend the on-line reach of Open Space in corporate
   organizations, with government groups and others. We also had conversations
   about what it means to Open Space and how we can support a better
   understanding of the process engaging people through a Manifesto-ing
   document. These initiatives are on-going.
   - At year-end, we hosted an annual membership meeting which attracted
   about a dozen people. It was held using Maestro Conference. Notes and audio
   are available at:
http://osius.org/content/musing-our-membership-meeting.<http://osius.org/content/musing-our-membership-meeting>
In
   2012, our goal is to invite and outreach more often to a broader community
   using tools like Maestro Conference so more people can join in the
   exchanges and discussions.
   - By visiting our website (http://osius.org), you will see a summary of
   expenses and activities, proceeding minutes of our meetings, specials
   videos and more.

  On behalf of all of us, thank you in advance for your generous support.

 *From your Open Space Institute – US Board*
Suzanne Daigle, Karen Davis, Doug Germann, Lisa Heft, Peggy Holman, Ed
Laboy, Phelim McDermott, Christine Whitney Sanchez, and Harold Shinsato

-