[OSList] Fwd: Any experience with short OST

Mary O'Connor mary.hippychick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:32:32 PDT 2012

What Harrison says really, to encourage you, I asked a similar question of
this list as I was asked to use open space in a brief (90 mins) session in
March. It was a leap of faith. the person who asked me (one of a group of
music educationalists for which I ran open space ) was concerned that
no-one would call a session, or that it would be awkward.
I have faith in opening space,  I assured him they would. I let go and let
happen. and even in the brief time we had  space was opened, and the energy
in the room as the 30 or so people self-organised  discussed these things
that really mattered was visceral, and valuable and I know that as a result
there was a shift within the organisation and a call for a 2 1/2 day event.
all the best, Mary.