[OSList] Article about OS a question

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 04:25:30 PDT 2012

Dear Phelim,

This amazing endeavor will take on a life of its own.  I just know it!  Be
prepared to be surprised.  The Olympics of Open Space!

My few words popping out of my head without any rehearsal. Lots more that
could be said, a lifetime of words with heart and passion yet for now, plop
these in somewhere if they fit or serve to inspire.

Open Space is about "opening space" in our busy lives to discuss, share,
explore and get to work on the most important questions and issues in our
organizations, communities, sectors and groups.

People who come -- all are invited -- are those who have a *passion *for
those questions and issues (no need to be an expert) and who are also
willing to *take *responsibility on that which matters most to them and
others.

Hoping many respond to your request Phelim as the multiple contributions
will fuel us all in the process!  As you write, please do so from your
heart and your experience with no worry about representing a whole
community.  If it was me, I might feel a tad bit nervous about writing
something like this that seemed so big and far-reaching.  Yet what a
wonderful opportunity to spread the word about this wonderful thing that we
call Open Space which has been there since the beginning of time.

Suzanne

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM, fischer florian
<florianfischer at ff-wey.com>wrote:

> Dear Phelim
> I suggest it would be best
> tell them just that, what often had been said
> and mention just that, what normally get mentioned.
> Because, it´s all very old and it is repeating its dynamic every the time
> again.
>
> My two cents
> Florian
>
> Florian Fischer
> ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com
> www.begleitung-im-wandel.com
> Münchener Straße 6
> 10779 Berlin
> Fon (030) 2116752
>

> Am 14.06.2012 um 12:10 schrieb Phelim McDermott:
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> I've been asked to write an article for the culture professionals network
> on the Guardian newspaper website. It will be about our upcoming tour of
> "Devoted and Disgruntled: What are we going to do about theatre? "
> roadshow. 20 open space events over three months all making up one big
> conversation. see the tour here..
>
> www.devotandanddisgruntled.com
>
> So of course the article will be about open space.
>
> I'm thinking on the things I want to say and was wondering if people had a
> thought about this.
>
> What about Open space do you wish got said in the media that doesn't often
> get said?
>
> What would you like me to mention that doesn't  normally get mentioned?
>
> Best
>
> Phelim
>
> ________________________________
>
> I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working
> day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent
> please call me on 07956 187298.

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle