[OSList] Opening space in Colombia

agusj agusjs2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 17:41:28 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I am very happy to share with you that we have "opened space" in Colombia last week.  We organized with the Instituto de la Conversación (The Institute of Conversation) an OS about how to make better the education in Colombia. It was formally the first OS I have facilitated and it was a great experience.  It was a 5 hour event but it was enough to have great conversations.

Some interesting topics:
	* Education for peace

	* Technology in education

	* Ethics and education

	* The roll of arts and humanities in college education

	* Education and citizenship

This is the first event of a series we want to organize about Education. One of the objectives of the Instituto de la Conversación is to open the space to voices that are not necessarily included in the debates oficially sponsored, when goverment presents a reform about  the major issues that are of interest to the whole society. Some months ago the Colombian goverment presented a education reform that was rejected. Some pictures in http://openspaceworld.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3lpeyb4caj5oc

Regards,

Agustin Jimenez