[OSList] Charrette and Open Space ?

Eva P Svensson eva at epshumaninvest.se
Mon Jan 30 04:56:54 PST 2012

Hi all wise people!
Anyone having experience from a method called charrette? When I looked it up on Wikipedia it says this:
"A charrette is a method of organizing thoughts from experts and the users into a structured medium that is unrestricted and conducive to the creativity and the development of myriad scenarios.

The word charrette may refer to any collaborative session in which a group of designers drafts a solution to a design problem. While the structure of a charrette varies, depending on the design problem and the individuals in the group, charrettes often take place in multiple sessions in which the group divides into sub-groups. Each sub-group then presents its work to the full group as material for future dialogue. Such charrettes serve as a way of quickly generating a design solution while integrating the aptitudes and interests of a diverse group of people. Compare this term with workshop."

To me it sound very very much like an Open Space meeting! Do you know the difference? Any experiences, thoughts?

Hugs from a winter-like Sweden

:o)

Eva

Skickat från min iPhone