[OSList] Teach Them to Fish / A Note to My Friends

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Feb 24 10:28:53 PST 2012

Diana – Maybe we all should write “teacherlearner” – all one word? Kind of
hard on the eyes, and maybe a tongue twister, but it makes a point. I think
what is profoundly different at the moment is that the old secret nugget of
the TEACHER – all that knowledge and information is no longer a secret
private preserve. The Internet really does make a difference where it is
available. In many (or maybe) most cases there is better stuff on line than
between the ears of virtually all teachers. Access to information and
knowledge is no longer an arcane, esoteric mystery. But finding and asking
the appropriate questions is a critical skill which can be shared.
Appreciating the power of the question and learning to sit still as that
power unfolds – now there is a gift to be given, or better yet, shared – by
all the teacherlearners.

Ho

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 20854

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to: