[OSList] Open Space Poetry Contest - time to vote

Anne A Hiha anne_a_hiha at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:18:04 PST 2012

Hi Lisa

Poem 6 - 3 virtual sticky dots
Poem 10 - 2 virtual sticky dots

Regards

Anne

From: lisaheft at openingspace.net
To: OSList at lists.openspacetech.org
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:43:48 -0800
Subject: [OSList] Open Space Poetry Contest - time to vote

Hello, dear colleagues -The poetry has floated in - and now it is time to vote to see who our next OSLIST Poet Laureate will be.
These are all amazing poems. So you could have several favorites.
It is not as if one poem is 'better' than the others - feel the incredible imagery inspired by the words below and you will see we are graced by many riches.However - think about which poem(s) most spark your spirit, passion, reflection and imaginings.
Here they are - without the poets' names for now.Read them any way that works for you.
To me it would be hard to read them all in a line and taste each one separately. I am a visual person. So I might post each different poem on my wall to sit with them for a bit - to see each in its individual time.
And now, I give you each 5 virtual sticky-dots.You can select a poem which receives all of your dots - or 'spend' your 5 dots among several poems.
To vote - send me a direct email - lisaheft at openingspace.net - to let me know your vote - how many dots for which numbers.
I will gather your votes until the end of Sunday 19 February - whenever that is wherever in the world you live.
And on Monday we will welcome our next OSLIST Poet Laureate...
Here you go...

________________________________
1

 An open space? I hesitate
 A call somewhere? I hesitate
 An open door? I hesitate
 And people too?! I hesitate!
 Supposed to speak? I hesitate!!
 Tell what I need... I hesitate...
 Tell what I want? I hesitate!
 And they all hear... I doubt they do!
 They will not care! I´m sure, I´m sure...
 And... there they come! Oh my! They do!
 And now we talk! We do! We do!!!
 ...they listen too... ...and so do I...
 ...and what will come...? Oh my! Oh my!!!

 ________________________________
 2

 space, no longer a void filled with passion  and responsibility in the golden centre sits Fr Brian, smiling

 ________________________________
 3

breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out
 Who ever is breathing breathes in – breathes out. Whatever is breathed it is breathed in – breathed out. Whenever I´m breathing I breathe in –  I breathe out. Wherever I´m breathing I breathe in – I breathe out. When I stop breathing its over,  but its not over as long  I breathe in – I breathe out.  The turn between in and out  tells me that we are all one in breathing.
 breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out breathe in – breathe out

________________________________
 4

being one with life with the snowy slopes with the river that flows through the mountain village wider and wider
 being a person alive one among many swimming and grasping desperately a piece of wood to hold on to tighter and tighter
 witnessing and trusting  whatever comes the piece of wood as well as the river a love story of presence walking on but never leaving
 between the out-breath and the in-breath vastness of space conceiving a star continuous breathing the light of the unknown  no beginning and no end

 ________________________________
 5

We’re in trouble A promise not kept Not the first time The boss is desperate   They’ve come to me Help! They say 14 countries meeting on the “dateline” All expect major change   Here, read this… I’m handed the “green book” OST – User Guide Make a pitch in the morning   I pitch it They buy it All assemble in the circle On the dateline   A decade later It is still referred to as The Miracle at Madang!

 ________________________________
 6

 Space Infinite Space Complex Space Simple Space Elegant Space Open   open space infinite complex simple elegant

________________________________
 7

>From the heart: Invoking, Feeling, Breathing, and Serving One process One Circle Not Two Is Peace

________________________________
 8

Space
 Space between the walls Space between my eyes and this word Space between the Sun and Earth,  between the comets and the stars, space.
 Space between the roof and the floor Space between the cell and its neighbor cells Space between the electrons, and protons and neutrons,  between you and me and us, space.
 Open
 Open the door to cross a threshold  Open your eyes to let the light carrying these letters in  Open your ears to let the vibrations talk to you Open your mind to realize there’s only space Open your heart to understand that space is a Gift.
 Open the Gift
 Open the Gift to create, to express, to become.  Open the Gift of losing yourself and finding ourselves.  Open the Gift of letting the Universe express to ourselves.  Open the Gift of becoming the paint of the Universe masterpiece...  The Universe itself.
 9

Whoever comes will definitely meet the law of two feet and rules that state that she is right and he is right and place is right and time is right whoever comes whenever forever

 10

A breath a gentle nod and here we go - I'm on my toes but ease back
 The circle is open the wall is too mind is numb and so it is a fraction - of a second
 What do I love? feel passion for concern, or connection - responsibility? who am I?
 Two feet and a heart and a pen paper and a wall and a hall, and some chairs and above all - my fellows, my friends my teachers