[OSList] The End of Time

Linda Stevenson stevenson8899 at msn.com
Thu Dec 20 07:11:59 PST 2012

Hi, Marty, Just a few quick insights from my experience with Zen and Open Space; for me, they go hand in glove. When I open space, I think of that "field" that Rumi is talking about: Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field.  I'll meet you there.
 It is a field that the heart knows - a field for shared passions and genuine dialogue, not defending positions around conceptual views. I have done an Open Space every year for five years now for my zen community, Dharma Field, with the full endorsement of Steve Hagen, our founding teacher, resulting in all the general outcomes which you can expect in Open Space including a deepening of our sangha and some very useful "next steps." For what it's worth, my experience has been that deliberately opening space and setting the context for intentional self-organization worked effectively and efficiently with my Zen community.  They got "worked up" from their hearts not their heads, just like any other Open Space I've ever done. If you'd like to know more, just let me know in the new year, if we're still here :) Linda  From: marty at becomingme.com