[OSList] 12/19 Virtual Open Space on the subject of Online Dialogue and Deliberation

Ben Roberts ben.roberts at charter.net
Thu Dec 6 05:33:55 PST 2012

So great to be playing with you (and the OST community) on this Suzanne!
Thank you for inviting me in. Even before we did the OST-inspired Brene
Brown call together (in 2011?), I've been wanting to do more experimenting
with the form.  WOSonOS is providing a great opportunity to do that, it
would appear.

As of this morning, sixteen people have registered.  I'd like to see us get
to forty or more so we can be pretty well assured that we will have at least
twenty people show up for the call on the 19th  (there's always some
attrition with these things, although my guess is that this group is more
committed than most).

We're already getting some nice participation on the Hackpad docs
<http://bit.ly/ostonline1> .  People (like you!) are introducing themselves,
asking questions (yes, there will be a recording of the call, but it
probably won't include the breakouts, however the Hackpad notes will give us
the material for a full report) and posting online D&D resources.  No one
but me has put up anything on the
<https://hackpad.com/37lGKIEgVXb#Online-D&D-Initial-Thoughts> Online D&D
Initial Thoughts pad yet,  where I've posted the question: What do we know
so far/still need to learn about online D&D?  This whole process is, of
course, an experiment. One of the things I'm interested in testing out is
the degree to which people are interested in participating online prior to
the synchronous engagement, and how valuable they find that to be.  In fact,
I think I'll go post something about that right now.

Cheers,

Ben